Map

WOW air Cheap Flights & Promo Fares

WOW air is a low-cost carrier in Iceland. The airline's headquarters are in Reykjavik, Iceland. Its main base is the Keflavik International Airport, also known as Reykjavik-Keflavik Airport, the largest airport in the country.

Founded in November 2011 by entrepreneur Skúli Mogensen, WOW air is owned solely by Titan, an investment company owned by Mogensen. Since its opening, rapid growth followed; in 2012, the airline handled approximately 90,000 passengers, and in 2013, it carried approximately 450,000 passengers. For 2014, WOW air is expected to have handled an estimate of 720,000 passengers.

In October 2012, WOW air acquired the operations and network of fellow low-fare airline Iceland Express, which was established in 2002 and began operations on 2003. This caused an increase in frequency of flights to Gatwick and Copenhagen, and new services to Berlin-Schönefeld, Kaunas, Salzburg, and Warsaw Chopin.

WOW air also operates a travel agency called WOW travel. WOW travel specializes in low-cost holidays in Iceland, as well as to other destinations. The agency arranges accommodations and tours to provide its guests the ultimate holiday experience.

Why Fly with WOW air

Baggage Allowance & Fees

Hand luggage is included in the standard ticket. Each passenger is given free allowance for a carry-on bag that must not exceed the weight of 5kg (11lbs). The carry-on bag must also fit in the template of 56cm x 45cm x 25cm. Passengers with baggage that exceeds the free allowance can purchase an extra allowance of 7kg (15lbs), giving them a total of 12kg (26lbs). Passengers who need more luggage allowance can acquire it online at the time of booking, or up to 24 hours before departure. If the passenger misses the 24-hour mark prior to departure, luggage can still be booked via telephone or during check-in at the airport. However, booking luggage in advance is significantly cheaper than at the last minute. The limit of checked-in bags is 20kg (44lbs). Bags that weigh over 32kg (70lbs) cannot be checked in at all.

Seating

WOW air offers extra seat service options for a reasonable fee. Passengers can pre-order a seat or request that the middle seat remains empty. Passengers with long legs or would significantly lessen the risk of being cramped can also arrange for more leg room.

Where We Fly

In addition to Iceland, WOW air offers scheduled passenger service to destinations in Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Poland, Spain, United Kingdom, and the United States. Each city chosen by WOW air to operate to is a prime destination for holidays, other special occasions, or just for the sake of traveling. This gives WOW air guests the opportunity to choose between winter wonderland, arts and culture centers, fantastic beaches, amusement parks, a food lover's paradise, fashion centers, and more.

Punctuality

Recent flights with WOW air have been reported to be on time 90% of the time, with the remaining 10% representing delays with an average of only a minute long or so. These statistics reflect the average of the 94% of the departures from Iceland that were on time and the 86% of arrivals to the destination country that were on time. Due to this, a regular survey by www.turisti.is ranks WOW air as the most punctual airline in Iceland.

WOW air

4.0/5
Based on 6517 reviews

We rate providers based on user feedback about: price reliability, fees, customer service, and the ease of use of the provider's site.

Find out more

Contact Wow air

Reservations and Information

+354 590 3000

Website

http://wowair.com/

Official Airline Twitter Link

http://www.twitter.com/wow_air

Airline Address

Höfðatún 12

105 Reykjavík, Iceland

Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.